Do you know why people don’t like gluten free pizza or bread? The reason is the dough can’t expand like the dough with gluten inside. You won’t find the chewy and tasty bread texture like you usually taste from normal pizza bread.
The gluten free crust is really thin. However, we have a recipe that you can try to make the Thick Crust Gluten Free Pizza. Are you interested? Here is what you need to prepare and do.
[su_box title=”The Ingredients” box_color=”#f8650e”]
- 1 2/3 cup of brown rice flour,
- A ½ cup of potato starch,
- 1/3 cup of tapioca starch,
- A ¼ cup of dry milk powder. This is an optional ingredient. If you don’t want to use it, just remove it from the ingredient list.
- 1 tbsp of instant yeast,
- 1 tbsp of Xanthan gum (this ingredient is important to make your pizza bread chewy and expand, that make it thicker),
- 1 tsp of salt,
- 1 tsp of sugar,
- ¾ – 1 cup of warm water. You can use the ¾ cup first. If you think your dough isn’t soft enough, you can add it until the amount of water become 1 cup.
- 1 large egg,
- 1 large egg white,
- 2 tbsp of olive oil,
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar.
How to Make the Thick Crust Gluten Free Pizza
- Prepare the stand mixer and add flour, dry milk powder, Xanthan gum, yeast, salt, and sugar. Then, turn on the mixer to mix the ingredients. This will be the dry ingredient.
- Prepare the wet ingredient. Mix water, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, egg, and egg white in a bowl using a whisk until it’s well-mixed.
- Decrease the mixer speed and pour the wet ingredient into the wet ingredient. Increase the speed to medium and mix it for 3 minutes.
- After that, remove it from the bowl and divide it into several smaller pieces of dough and put it on the parchment paper.
- Pour the tapioca starch on top of the divided dough and use a rolling pin to shape it like the pizza shape.
- Place it in a warm and dry place. Wait for 30 minutes until it’s starting to expand or look bigger than the previous size.
- Use a fork to make small holes on the surface of the dough. This will make the dough expand perfectly when you bake it. Now, you have the thicker gluten free dough that is ready to use
You can keep the dough in the refrigerator. Just make sure you wrap it tightly. And, whenever you want to make gluten free pizza, you can take it from the place where you keep it.
Before you add the topping and sauce that you like and bake it at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. This will keep the dough become too soggy after you place the topping.
After that, add the topping and bake it again for another 10-15 minutes. And, that’s how to make a thick crust gluten free pizza.
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.