Gluten-free foods are chosen by those who are on a gluten-free diet or those who are intolerant to this kind of protein. Gluten is usually found in some good ingredients such as wheat and flour.
However, those food ingredients are needed to make the body energized, right? Do not be worried, you are still able to consume high calorie gluten free food. Here they are.
- Pistachio : Nuts, including pistachio, get a bad reputation because of the total fat contained in it. But, science also showed that the fat contained in nuts is the important one for the health of the body. Almost 90% of fat contained in pistachio is unsaturated fat. So, this kind of nut is still healthy to be consumed. As a source of fibers and protein, pistachio is able to make you feel full all day long. Research showed that consuming 1,5 ounce nuts per day combined with low cholesterol and low-fat diet can reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Raisins: Some people are afraid to consume raisins because of the sugar and calorie contained. However, raisins are a smart option for a healthy snack because it does not contain any additional sugar. New research showed that raisins can be consumed by all people as a healthy snack, including those who suffer from Diabetes Type 2 who think that they must avoid dried fruits. Consuming raisins routinely shows a positive effect on the level of glucose and post-meal systolic blood pressure. However, make sure you do not consume this food ingredient too much. Consuming 2 spoons of raisins per consumption is enough.
- Coconut Flour: The next high calorie gluten free food is coconut flour. Coconut flour indeed contains more calories than other flours. A quarter cup of coconut flour contains around 120 calories. But in the same measure, coconut flour also contains 4 grams protein and 10 grams fibers. It means that coconut flour tends not to increase the level of blood sugar just like any other flours. Moreover, fibers, protein, and healthy fat contained in coconut flour will make you feel full for a long time. There is nothing wrong if you want to eat a chip or 2 chips made from coconut flour, especially for you who need gluten-free snacks.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is rich in monounsaturated fat that is healthy for the heart and is a source of antioxidant. Adding olive oil to your meal is able to help the absorption of particular nutrients, such as Vitamin A and Vitamin D. The recommended intake is a spoon of olive oil per day. You are also able to replace vegetable oil with olive oil when you are sauteing your meal. Or, you can mix olive oil with lemon juice as a salad dressing.
- Dark Chocolate: An ounce of dark chocolate contains 160 calories. This chocolate is rich in flavonoid that can increase your health. The research found that dark chocolate is able to lower blood pressure and cholesterol if it is consumed an ounce per day.
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.