Have you ever heard about gluten free lactation cookies? Probably you would probably be able to find such cookies in a supermarket near you, but most of the time it is difficult to find, and expensive!
Well, what about trying to cook that by yourself at home? Especially for all of you mothers out there. It is quite a challenging moment for new moms who just recently had a baby. Since mothers need a milk supply for the lovely babies, it is important to consider choosing what kind of food is best to help.
Lucky you, gluten free lactation cookies is one of them! Here are some useful information regarding the gluten free lactation cookies.
What is gluten free lactation cookies?
Actually, this cookie is not really that different from the other cookies. The main ingredients include flour, baking soda, sweetener, egg, sea salt, extract of vanilla, and of course the dark chocolate chips.
There are several more options of ingredients you can include. However, there are some ingredients that makes it different from the other cookies.
In order to make the gluten free lactation cookies, you have to exclude the brewer’s yeast. Meanwhile, there are some other extra ingredients that you would need to add and replace.
Here are some ingredients that you will need to make gluten free lactation cookies.
- 2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup of flax meal
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 ½ cups of gluten free oat flour
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon powder
- ½ tablespoon of sea salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ raw cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons of virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup of milk (you can choose any milk you like)
- For the add-in, there are three choices you can pick.
- ¾ cup of mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup of chopped nuts
- ¾ cup of raisins
- After completing all of the ingredients mentioned, let’s now go to the instructions.
- Preheat the oven up to 350 F (or 176 C)
- Put a baking sheet followed with the parchment paper or use a silicone baking mat if you have one (it doesn’t matter which one)
- Put the oat flour, flax meal, baking powder, salt, cinnamon all together in a bowl and mix them well
- Put all the eggs, vanilla, sugar, milk, and the coconut oil in a different bowl. Don’t forget to mix them well
- Put the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and make sure that it mixed perfectly
- Add the add-in that you want to pick (the chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or raisins)
- By using a scoop or a spoon, form the mixed ingredients to a ball of dough in a size around 2 inches
- Put in line at the balls of dough into the baking sheet
- Bake them and wait for about 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes, take out the baking sheet and put it into a cooling rack.
Finally, your delicious gluten free lactation cookies are ready!
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.