How to Make Simple Germany Traditional Gluten Free Coffee Cake
Coffee cake is delicious. Enjoying it with a cup of your favorite warm beverage can become your best time in a day. However, health is also important. If you have low gluten tolerance, making gluten free coffee cake is the solution to enjoy this delicious delicacy.
There are two types of ingredients you need to prepare, the crumb and the cake ingredients.
The Crumb Ingredients
- 1/3 cup of walnuts,
- 1/3 cup of granulated cane sugar,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of cinnamon,
- 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
The Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup of gluten-free all-purpose flour,
- ½ cup of granulated cane sugar,
- 1 ½ teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder,
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt,
- ¼ cup of unsalted butter,
- 1 large egg,
- ½ cup of milk.
- Preheat your oven (375 F or 190 C),
- Prepare the baking pan. Choose the square one and grease the base,
- Add all the crumb ingredients in the food processor and turn it on until it becomes small crumbs. Set aside.
- Mix the gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Then, add it to the food processor.
- Pulse those dry ingredients and add chilled cubed butter until it is well-mixed.
- Put it in the large mixing bowl; make a hole in the center, then add the egg and milk.
- Stir until it is well-blended.
- Once it is done, pour it on the baking pan and spread it out evenly. When you spread it out, does it gently by using a spoon while pressing it slowly.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. Insert a toothpick into the dough to check whether it’s cooked or not. If the toothpick comes out clean when you take it off, that the sign that it is ready to serve.
That’s all. Isn’t it easy? Maybe you are wondering why there is no coffee in the ingredient list. The real coffee cake doesn’t have coffee in it. This is the traditional cake from Germany. In German, it’s called “kaffee kuchen”. And, do you know what the best thing about this cake is? This cake is the best snack you can enjoy with a cup of coffee. Now, you have a coffee and a cake.
Things to Remember
This is a gluten-free cake. That means you also need to make sure that all process are gluten-free, including the utensils that you use. So, you may need to do some research to find out the utensils and equipment that doesn’t have gluten content in it. In some case, you may need to buy new equipment for the true gluten-free cake. Of course, the ingredient is also the same.
This gluten free coffee cake is easy to make. The total time you need to spend to make it is 35 minutes. With 15 minutes to prepare everything and 20 minutes cooking time. And, this recipe gives you a coffee cake for 8 servings.
Let us know if you liked the post. That’s the only way we can improve.